EMERGENCY ROOM NURSE TURNED LAWYER...
Kathleen McLaughlin, has been a licensed attorney for over 20 years. She is also a Registered Nurse, with over 25 years of Emergency Room experience at the renowned St. Vincent's Hospital and Trauma Center in New York City.
By "blending" her medical/ legal and personal knowledge Kathleen provides injured clients with a smoothe transition through the litigation process.
ACCESSIBLE TO HER CLIENTS...
Kathleen educates her clients and involves them in every step of litigation. Each client has access to Kathleen's cell phone and e-Mail. Telephone calls and e-Mails are responded to promptly.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Kathleen has been an accident victim herself and understands first hand what her clients are going through.
- Kathleen personally reviews your medical records and explains your X-ray, CT Scan and MRI results at no cost to you.
- Kathleen has won complicated cases rejected by other attorneys.
- Kathleen's hands -on medical and legal experience gives her clients the necessary edge to win just compensation for their injuries.
DIVORCE - MEDIATION
- No fee for attorney - client phone calls, e-Mails or text messages.
- Mediation is offered as a less expensive and less stressful alternative to traditional divorce litigation.
Kathleen uses her medical and legal expertise to win awards for injured workers against their employers, third party defendants, third party defendants' employers, and government entities. A third party is a person other than your employer, who caused your injuries while you were at work. These complaints are filed in Superior Court in New Jersey and in the Supreme Court in New York City and New York State. Complaints against state or government agencies in New Jersey are filed under the New Jersey Tort Claims Act/ Title 59 and in New York, with the New York Court of Claims. Both states require filing within 90 days of the incident.
Kathleen's years of experience working shoulder to shoulder with doctors and other medical experts has given her the unique ability to articulate the severity of her clients' injuries to the Court and win just compensation.
- Since COVID 19 Healthcare workers have experienced atleast 5 times more violence in the workplace compared to any other industry.
- Reports of assault and abuse toward medical, nursing and supportive staff by patients, visitors and other staff continues.
A veteran Emergency Room Nurse, Kathleen understands the risks of working in a high stress environment and its effects on patients, their families, and healthcare workers. Kathleen represents healthcare workers injured by patients, patients' visitors, and other healthcare staff in Workers' Compensation claims, negligence claims if the employer caused the injury, and in criminal actions in the event a crime was committed against the healthcare worker.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSE DEFENSE
As a practicing Registered Nurse in New Jersey and New York, for over 20 years Kathleen identifies with the stress and overwhelming responsibilities of the healthcare professions. Therefore, she is uniquely qualified to represent fellow nurses and other healthcare professionals before NJ and NYS licensing boards.
New Jersey and New York are "at-will" employment states, meaning if you do not have an employment contract you can be terminated without reason or cause, unless you have been a victim of discrimination or in retaliation for exercising a workplace right. Kathleen is a proven advocate for workers in all types of employment situations and discrimination litigation.
Contact Kathleen for a free consultation if you received any type of notice threatening your professional license or terminating your employment before answering any questions or providing a written statement.
*Our practice maintains CDC, state and local guidelines to safely and seamlessly serve our clients. We conduct Zoom consultations with New Jersey and New York clients, Zoom court appearances with all Courts, and professional licensing boards in New Jersey and New York. In person consultations are also available.